- NEWTON HOSPITAL [Under Construction], Bharatpur-8, Chitwan, Nepal
- Department of Public Health, Mewar University, Rajasthan, India
- BP KOIRALA MEMORIAL CANCER HOSPITAL, NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE, Bharatpur, Chitwan, [Aug. 1, 2012 to July 31, 2015]
FORMER EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR :
- BP KOIRALA MEMORIAL CANCER HOSPITAL, Bharatpur, Chitwan, [Sept. 2007, to Feb. 2011]
MEDICAL EDUCATION :
- MD with Honours [1983-1989] LVOV Medical Institute, Ukraine
- Clinical Ordinatura [Residency] in Surgical Oncology [1989 to 1992], LVOV Medical Institute, Ukraine
- Ph. D. in Oncology [1989-1993]m Academy of Sciences, Kiev, Ukraine
Fellowship Training in Surgical Oncology :
- Tata memorial Hospital [March-December 1994], Mumbai, India
- Washington Cancer Institute [GI Surgery - 2001], Washington DC, USA
- National Cancer Institute [Surgical Oncology - 2001], Bethesda, USA
- Modena University Hospital [Stoma Care and Colorectal Surgery - 2002], Modena Italy
- Kyngpook National University Hospital [Gastric Cancer Surgery - 2002], Daegu, Korea
- St. Olavs University Hospital [Colorectal Surgery-2003], Trondheim, Norway
- Cancer Institute Hospital [Radical Gastric Surgery 2009], Tokyo, Japan
Principle Supervisor of Three Ph. D. Scholars
Professional and Research Interests :
Epidemiology, Early Detection and Surgical Management of Breast and Gastric Cancers
Professional Experience :
- 1995-1995 : Medical Officer, Dept. of Surgery, Bhaktapur Hospital, Bhaktapur
- 1993-1998 : Consulting Oncologist, Nepal Cancer Relief Society
- 1995-1998 : Visiting Consutant, Birendra Police Hospital, Kathmandu
- 1995-1997 : Consultant Surgeon, Kathmandu Medical College, Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu
- 1997-2016 : Jr. Consultant→Consultant→Senior Consultant Surgical Oncologist, BPK Memorial Cancer Hospital
- 1999 : Founder Head of Dept, Dept. of Surgical Oncology, BPK Memorial Cancer Hospital
- Nepal Medical Association
- Society of Surgeons of Nepal
- Nepal Cancer Relief Society
- SAARC Federation of Oncologists-Nepal
- Oncological Society of Nepal
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology of India
- International Psycho Oncology Society [National Representative]USA
- International Gastric Cancer Association, Japan
- World Federation of Surgical Oncology Society [National Representative]
- Breast Surgery International [Active Member], Copenhagen
- International Society of Surgery [Active Member] Switzerland
- Nepal-Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation
- ASCO [Associate Member] - American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Diyalo Lions Club, Narayangarh, Chitwan, Nepal
- Bhakta M. Shrestha, O.V.Kidar, B.T.Bilinsky, N.A.Volodko., The Production of Tumour Necrosis Factor by Blood Monocytes and Peritoneal Macrophages Cultured Together with Autologous Tumour Cells of Oncological [Patients. Experimental Oncology, 1993; 15: 44-46.]
- Bhakta M. Shrestha. B.T. Bilinsky., Influence of Hormonal Contraception on effector cells of Antitumour Resistant System in VIVO. 4th International Conference of Surgical Society of Ukraine, [May 23-25, 1993; p57-59]
- Bhakta M. Shrestha, B.T. Bilinsky, N.A.Volodko., Influence of Exogenous Progesterone on the Natural Antitumour Resistance and the Risk of Breast Cancer. Abstract Book-I. XV (UICC) International Cancer Congress, New Delhi.1994, p360.
- T.Bilinsky, Bhakta M. Shrestha, N.A.Volodko, Estrogen Inhibition of Antitumour Activity of Mononuclear Phagocytes and the Role in Pathogenesis of Breast Cancer. Abstract Book-I. XV (UICC) International Cancer Congress. New Delhi.1994, p361.
- Bhakta M. Shrestha. From Radical Mastectomy to Breast Conservation Therapy. Souvenir. Third International Surgical Conference. Society of Surgeons of Nepal. March 28-30, 1996; p15-16.
- Bhakta M. Shrestha. Does the Multigravida Reduce the Risk of Breast Cancer? XV Asia Pacific Cancer Conference. Chennai, India. Dec 12-15, 1999 p.149.
- Bhakta M. Shrestha, Issues Related to Breast Cancer. Journal of Nepal Medical Association (JNMA). 2001;40: 233-234.
- BK Thakur, Bo Mu Ping, Shrestha BM, PR Neupane, Lamichhane N; Colorectal Cancer in Young Patients. Journal of Nepal Medical Association.
- Lamichhane N., Tan Z.B., Neupane P.R., Shrestha B.M., Thakur B.K. Surgical treatment of carcinoma of esophagus in BP Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital, Bharatpur. Journal of Nepal Medical Association (JNMA), 2003; 4: 290-93.
- Bhakta M. Shrestha, B. Thakur, N. Lamichhane, Early Experience with Extended Lymph Node Dissection for Gastric Cancer in Nepalese Patients. Cancer Research and Treatment (Official Journals of Korean Cancer Association), 35 (suppl 2): 85; 2003
- Lamichhane N, Neupane P.R., Karki A.B., Shrestha B.M., Thakur B.K. Surgical Management of squamous cell carcinoma of Penis. Journal of Society of Surgeons of Nepal. 2003; 6: 14-18.
- Nirmal Lamichhane, Bhakta Man Shrestha et al.Sentinel lymph node biopsy inearly breast cancerpatients in Nepalese scenario: Should we practice it? I st National Oncology Conference. Dec 3-5, 2004; p7
- P Boyle, B O Anderson ……., B M Shrestha…. Need for global action for cancer control. (Editorial). Annals of Oncology 19: 1519-1521, 2008
- Kishore K Pradhananga, Mina Baral, Bhakta Man Shrestha. Multi-institutional Hospital-based Cancer Incidence Data for Nepal – An Initial Report. Asian Pacific J of Cancer Prev. 2009; 10: 259-262.
- Thakur B, Zhang Chun Shan, Meng Xian Li, Bhakta Man Shrestha, Bhurtel S, Khakural P. Eight year experience in esophageal cancer surgery Indian Journal of Cancer .2011; 48: 34-39.
- Mia Hashibe, Bhola Siwakoti, Mei Wei1, Binay K Thakur, C BPun, Bhakta Man Shrestha, Zachary Burningham, Yuan-chin Amy Lee1, AmirSapkota. Socioeconomic Status and Lung Cancer Risk in Nepal. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 2011; 12, 1083-1088
- Shrestha BM, State of Oncology in Nepal, p139-148. In Boyle P, Zielinski C, Brawley OW (Eds) State of Oncology (Book) 2013, iPRI, Lyon, France (2013)
- Pramod Bhatta, Bhakta M Shrestha. Role of Ayurvedic Treatment in Minimizing Gastric Cancer Related Complicatin: A Case Study Journal of Advanced Academic Research (JAAR) ISSN: 2362-1303 (Paper), vol.2. No. II. P 18-31, eISSN 2362-1311 (Online) July2015
- Pramod Bhatta, Bhakta M Shrestha. Lung Cancer Prevalence in Hill Region of Nepal. Journal of Advanced Academic Research (JAAR) ISSN: 2362-1303 (Paper), vol.4. No. I. p37-43, eISSN 2362-1311 (Online) April 2017